Good governance and transparency enables Renergen attract greater, more responsible and long term business investments. We are fully committed to upholding the highest standards of governance and transparent reporting, which is essential for creating value sustainably over the long term.
We have a clear plan to deliver superior shareholder returns. Our values furthermore demonstrate our mission and vision to capitalise on growth in the energy sector.
The Group does not publish a separate sustainability report. Our Integrated Annual Report includes Renergen’s commitment to complete transparency concerning all aspects of our business and reporting processes.
Our approach to reporting and corporate governance is guided by the principles and requirements of:
- The International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- International Framework of the International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC)
- Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) standards
- King IV™ Report on Corporate Governance for South Africa, 2016 (King IV™)
- Recommendations of the IIRC and the Integrated Reporting Council of South Africa (IRCSA)
- ASX Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations (Fourth Edition)
- JSE Listings Requirements
- ASX Listings Requirements
- South African Companies Act 71 of 2008 (Companies Act)
In terms of human rights, labour, the environment and our anti-corruption efforts, we apply the principles of the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC).